Want to help those who have been affected by the tornadoes that came through Coosa and Tallapoosa counties on January 12, 2023? There are several ways to help those affected start the recovery process. Each of the organizations listed below will coordinate their efforts for recovery and assistance to help as many as we can.
1. Lake Martin Area United Way is collecting monetary donations to assist in the recovery efforts. Donations can be made online via the PayPal Giving Fund or the DONATE link on our website.
We can also take check or cash donations at our office at 17 Main Street, Alexander City, AL 35010 or MAIL donations to: P.O. Box 876, Alexander City, AL 35011
***Please be sure to include "Tornado Relief" in the memo line***
United Way is NOT currently accepting in-kind donations of food, water, clothing, etc. If this changes, we will be sure to update here and on our social media pages.
2. Salvation Army - Alexander City is taking donations for the tornado victims of Coosa and Tallapoosa County. Items needed:
- Canned meats, peanut butter, crackers
- Underwear of all genders and sizes
- Clothing of all genders and sizes
- Socks of all genders and sizes
Salvation Army is also taking up Monetary Donations to assist with hotel stays - Monetary Donations can be brought by the service center or mailed to:
6800 Highway 280
Alexander City, AL
3. BridgeWays (Coosa County Only): We have already been made aware of several families who will need gently used clothes from our Community Clothing Closet. We will be able to cover most needs but we are critically low on clothes for boys ages 3 to 12. I know boys are rough on their clothes, hence why these sizes are always in low supply.
If you are able to donate, please leave bags of clothing on the front porch at the BridgeWays Program Center, 9922 Hwy 231, Rockford.
We do need monetary donations to purchase NEW underwear, bras and socks for these families. We don't accept those items in the Clothing Closet. Cash or check donations can be made at the above address. On-line donations can be made at: https://secure.givelively.org/donate/BridgeWays-Alabama
Please designate the donation in honor of the "Coosa Tornado Victims".