Red Feather Leadership Society
In 1998, several community leaders felt they should take the lead in contributing to the United Way. In this spirit, the Red Feather Society was founded. The contributors of the Red Feather Society are leaders of business, government, and those that are willing to invest back into the commuinty in a very tangible manner by giving at least $1,000 each.
The first year, there were only 9 members. Today, 21 years later, there are 160 members! This leadership category represents 46.6% of the entire campaign contributions.
Thank you to all our Red Feathers for their continued support!
Young Leaders Society
The Lake Martin Area United Way’s Young Leaders Society is a network of passionate, young professionals (early 20s to mid-40s) who share a passion for advancing community solutions through philanthropy, volunteerism and advocacy in their own backyard. Members connect to their communities and each other through unique networking events and hands-on volunteering opportunities, leveraging the power of United Way to connect, serve and grow – both personally and professionally.
- Be a Community Impact Leader – foster, encourage and support future community leaders and increase the awareness of United Way in the business community.
- Volunteer – lead a community initiative and drive change in our community or give back with your time to the community you call home.
- Be a Hero – through coordinated volunteer and mentoring opportunities, be a positive role model for children and youth as well as your peers.
- Network – with a diverse group of young professionals.
- Be an Advocate for United Way – help us promote what United Way does for our community and how YOU and others can help, either financially or with a donation of your time.
- Recognition – as a leader in your community, you will be listed as a Young Leader on the United Way website or other promotional materials; Premier Members names will also be published in our Red Feather Brochure and receive invites to exclusive Red Feather events.
- Alexis De Tocqueville Society
- Gold Feather Society
($5,000 - $9,999)
- Silver Feather Society
($2,500 - $4,999)
- Red Feather Society
($1,000 - $2,499)
- Young Leaders Society
($500 - $999)
- Leadership Partners
(In-Kind Donations valued at $1,000+)
- Corporate Gifts & Grants
*For more information about the Red Feather Society or information on how to pledge/donate, please contact Executive Director, Sharon Fuller at (256) 329-3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Martin Area United Way will not sell, share, or trade our list of donor information, so you can be confident that your contact information remains confidential.