Interested applicants, please read complete job posting below and submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along WITH a cover letter of interest. Please DO NOT call with inquiries about job posting.
ACCOUNTING CLERK / BOOKKEEPER
Reports to: Executive Director
Summary: Key staff person responsible for all work related to the financial information management and campaign records for the Lake Martin Area United Way. Accounting Clerk will perform clerical, bookkeeping, and accounting assignments and prepare accounting statements and financial reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, but other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Prepares financial reports and various accounting statements.
• Posts journal entries to general ledger.
• Generates summary sheets to be used by supervisor or auditor.
• Processes biweekly payroll and prepares necessary payroll reports.
• Proofs accounting reports for clerical accuracy.
• Allocates expenditures to correct accounts according to departmental procedures.
• Assists with United Way Annual Campaign with emphasis on tracking pledges and donations and maintaining accurate donor records.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Thorough understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
• Proficient in QuickBooks and knowledge of spreadsheets.
Education and Experience:
• Accounting Degree or Certification preferred. High school graduate will be considered based on experience.
• Three to five years bookkeeping experience preferred.
• Minimum 1 year QuickBooks Experience
Job Type: Full Time or Part Time
Pay: Will be based on experience level
Benefits: Benefits available based on PT or FT status of employment
Hours: Regular office hours with some possible weekends or evening events on occasion.